You might like
You are in:
- Lemon and Black Pepper Roasted Sea Bass
Back Lemon and Black Pepper Roasted Sea Bass
Lemon and Black Pepper Roasted Sea Bass
Serve up this delicious dish in just 20 minutes! Light and zesty, our simple roasted fish recipe is perfect for a warm summer’s day.
- 4 fillets sea bass
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only (extra lemon wedges to garnish if desired)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 150g spinach leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Take your time filleting your sea bass to ensure there's minimal waste and no accidents. Increase prep time accordingly.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Place the fillets, skin side down onto the baking sheet, run your finger carefully down each fillet and if you come across any small bones, remove with tweezers.
- Drizzle the fish with the olive oil and the lemon juice then season well with black pepper and a little salt. Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Just before the fish is cooked place the spinach in a pan with 1 tbsp water. Cover the pan tightly and cook for 2 minutes so spinach just wilts. Divide between 2 warmed serving plates and top with two fillets of sea bass. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.