- Leftover Roast Bubble and Squeak
Leftover Roast Bubble and Squeak
Create this delicious leftover roast bubble and squeak using roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and Brussels sprouts. The perfect way to use up the roast dinner leftovers, this simple and tasty recipe is full of colour and flavour and can be tweaked to use any of the vegetables and potatoes you cooked the day before. We’ve added a spoonful of mayonnaise to bind everything together which adds a wonderful rich flavour to the Bubble and Squeak. This is fantastic served with a couple of slices of leftover meat from your roast dinner or even with a fried egg on top!
This recipe uses Mellow Yellow Rapeseed
Oil which is low in saturated fat and high in Omega 3, making this recipe
ideal for a healthy and balanced diet.
- 200g Roast Potatoes
- 100g Parsnips
- 100g Carrots
- 100g Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Roughly chop the potatoes and vegetables. Mash together in a large bowl and then mix in the mayonnaise.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and place on a medium heat. Tip the potato and vegetable mixture into the pan, squashing down to flatten and cover the base of the pan.
- Gently fry for 5 minutes, then flip over (turning onto a plate and then sliding back into the pan makes it a bit easier), fry for another 5 minutes.
- You can serve this with a fried egg on top if you are really hungry, or with a couple of slices of cold leftover meat from the roast dinner.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow