You might like
You are in:
- Lamb Hotpot with Roast Savoy Wedges
Back Lamb Hotpot with Roast Savoy Wedges
Lamb Hotpot with Roast Savoy Wedges
Delicious! Morrisons own neck fillet of lamb cooked till tender with carrots, onion and thyme under a lid of golden butter potato slices. Roast savoy cabbage wedges and mint salsa on the side complete this classic dish.
- 700g lamb neck fillet
- 2 onions
- 300g carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 pack fresh mint
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 500g potatoes
- 25g flour
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Peel and slice the potatoes into (approx. 2-3mm) slices.
- Then, chop onion and cut the carrots into (approx. 15mm) chunks.
- Slice the neck fillet into (approx. 10mm) slices.
- Next, season and brown the neck fillet slices in a little oil and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Mix in the onion, carrot, a quarter of the potato slices, stock (crumbled), thyme, Worcestershire sauce and flour.
- Add water to a level halfway up the casserole dish.
- Arrange the rest of the sliced potatoes, overlapping, on the top. Add seasoning between each layer and dot with butter.
- Cover the dish and place in oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Then, drop to 165 degrees for 80 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the dish. If necessary, gently press the potatoes down and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden.
- Cut the cabbage into small wedges removing the outer leaves, then blanch in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the cabbage from the water and sprinkle with oil and thyme. Season and place on a baking tray for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Finely chop spring onion, mint and coriander. Mix well and season to taste.
- Serve the hotpot with the savoy wedges, and garnish with the chopped onion, mint and coriander.