You might like
You are in:
- Kale with Lentils and Grilled Halloumi
Back Kale with Lentils and Grilled Halloumi
Kale with Lentils and Grilled Halloumi
Full-flavoured kale, roasted red peppers and hearty green lentils make a great combination with grilled halloumi.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 echalion shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 300g green lentils
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 700ml vegetable stock, made from cubes
- 200g kale
- 350g roasted red peppers, from a jar, drained and sliced
- 250g halloumi cheese, sliced into 8
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and add the shallots, garlic and chillies. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring until the shallots soften. Add the lentils, paprika and a little seasoning.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 20 minutes until the stock is mostly absorbed and lentils are nearly tender.
- Add the kale and peppers, cover and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the halloumi slices with the remaining olive oil and cook in a heated pan for 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the kale mixture between 4 plates and top each one with 2 slices of halloumi.