You might like
You are in:
- Kale and Pancetta Cannelloni
Back Kale and Pancetta Cannelloni
Kale and Pancetta Cannelloni
Kale cooks down a lot so don't be afraid to use what initially looks like a large amount. The fresher it is, the sweeter it will be.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans plum tomatoes, 400g
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 10 sheets lasagne
- 200g kale, sliced
- 140g pancetta slices
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and sliced
- 200g mozzarella, cubed
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. To make the sauce, sauté the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes, until golden. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up with a spoon, and the chillies, season and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the lasagne in boiling water with the oil for 2 minutes, or until soft enough to roll. The oil should stop it sticking. Scoop the sheets out and dry on kitchen roll.
- Add the kale to the same water and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Fry the pancetta until crispy then remove from the pan. Discard most of the oil then add the onions and 2 of the garlic cloves and fry for 2 minutes. Add the kale with some salt and mix well. Tip everything into a bowl. Crumble up the pancetta and add, with the mozzarella.
- Spoon the tomato sauce into a large baking dish. Divide the kale mixture evenly on to the lasagne sheets then roll each one up into a tube and place on the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 crushed garlic cloves with the crème fraîche and half the Parmesan. Spoon over the lasagne rolls then sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.