You might like
You are in:
- Jewelled Rice Salad
Back Jewelled Rice Salad
Jewelled Rice Salad
This dish tastes as good as it looks. The red chilli adds a little spice while the mango, apricots and cranberries deliver a nice bold flavour.
- 500g long grain rice, microwavable for speed
- 6 tbsp mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ mango, peeled, stone removed and flesh diced
- 75g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 75g dried cranberries
- 100g pomegranate seeds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 60 mins chilling
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and fresh herbs together in a large serving bowl. Season to taste.
- Cook all the rice according to the instructions on the pack. Pour the hot rice into a serving bowl and mix well. Leave until cool then cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- When the rice is cold, add the spring onions, chilli, mango, apricots, cranberries and pomegranate seeds to the bowl and mix well.
- Season again to taste with more lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.