You might like
You are in:
- Jerk Salmon Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
Back Jerk Salmon Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
Jerk Salmon Burgers with Pineapple Salsa
Add a hint of Caribbean spice to these delicious salmon burgers, then serve with a refreshing pineapple salsa.
- 160g Can Atlantic Salmon
- 1 drizzle oil, for frying
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 400g cold mashed potato
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Jerk seasoning
- 30g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 4 burger buns, split through the middle
- 3 leaves lettuce
- 100g Princes Pineapple Chunks in Juice, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped 5cm piece
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ fresh red chilli , finely chopped (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You can make and shape the burgers a few hours ahead of time – just keep them covered and refrigerated. If serving at a BBQ, precook as above, wrap in foil and re-heat over the barbecue coals.
- Drain the can of salmon and remove any skin and bones, if wished. Break into chunks.
- Heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan and gently fry the red onion until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher. Combine with the mashed potato, red onion, salmon, chives and parsley. Season with 1tsp paprika, 1tsp Jerk seasoning and some salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers.
- Put the flour onto a plate and mix in the rest of the paprika and Jerk seasoning with a little salt and pepper. Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the burgers into the egg, then coat in the seasoned flour. Shallow fry in hot vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the pineapple, cucumber, red onion and sweet chilli sauce, adding fresh chilli, if using.
- Toast or chargrill the cut sides of the burger buns. Add some lettuce, top with the burgers and serve with the salsa.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.