You might like
You are in:
- Italian Meatballs
Back Italian Meatballs
Get stuck in to this hearty dish.
- 500g minced beef
- 2 white onions, one grated, one diced
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- 1 small handful basil leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the meatballs, preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6.
- Place the beef, the grated onion, 1 tbsp herbs, 2 cloves of garlic, and some salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir together to combine.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Shape the meatball mix into 12 balls (approximately the size of a golf ball), place on the lined baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the diced onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp of Italian herbs and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the oven cooked meatballs to the tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and torn basil.
- This can be served with Gluten Free pasta.