You might like
You are in:
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Heart-Shaped…
Back Grilled Tuna Steaks with Heart-Shaped…
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Heart-Shaped Chilli and Lime Butter
Put a twist on tuna steaks with this simple yet flavoursome chilli and lime butter.
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ whole red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 whole lime, grated zest only
- 2 whole tuna steaks, large
- 1 drizzle olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
This recipe requires the use of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- To make the chilli and lime butter place the butter, 1/2 tsp salt, red chilli and lime zest into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Place the butter onto a sheet of parchment paper, fold the paper over, and press the butter into a disc approximately 1cm thick.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- To cook the tuna steaks, heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tuna steaks in the pan. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side, or to suit your personal taste. Allow the tuna steaks to rest.
- Meanwhile, remove the butter from the freezer and using a heart-shaped cutter, cut 1 butter heart per steak. Alternatively, to encourage your kids to cook with you, use their favourite cookie cutter.
- Place the butter onto the warm steaks and allow to melt – serve straight away and enjoy.