You might like
You are in:
- Fish Finger Butty with Lemony Mayo
Back Fish Finger Butty with Lemony Mayo
Fish Finger Butty with Lemony Mayo
You can't quite beat a fish finger butty for a light snack, and this one is about as good as they get.
- 4 fillets cod
- 100g plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g natural breadcrumbs
- 80ml light mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 wholemeal rolls
- 50g watercress
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cut the fish into large goujons and season.
- Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into shallow bowls.
- Dip each goujon into the flour, coat well and shake off any excess. Then dip into the egg then the breadcrumbs, coating well.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, capers and dill. Season.
- 3. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan over a medium-high heat. It’s hot enough when a piece of bread dropped in sizzles immediately. Fry the fish fingers for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen roll.
- Cut the rolls in half. Spread the lemon mayo on the bottom half, add fish fingers and watercress then replace the top of the roll and serve.