You might like
You are in:
- Easter Chick Cupcakes
Back Easter Chick Cupcakes
Easter Chick Cupcakes
If you’re looking for a fluffy break from chocolate, these buttery lemon cupcakes will add some zest to your Easter.
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 12 cupcake cases
- 275 Stork with Butter, 150g for cupcake, 125g for frosting
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 self-raising flour
- 1 lemon
- 350 icing sugar
- 1 yellow food colouring
- 1 orange ready to roll icing
- 1 chocolate chips
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Line a cupcake pan with yellow paper liners and preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together 150g of the Stork with butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in the zest of 1 lemon.
- Add the eggs one at time beating the mixture well after each.
- Fold through the flour and juice of 1/2 a lemon until smooth and well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
- In a bowl, beat together 125g of the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and remaining lemon juice to make the frosting. Add a little yellow food colouring to colour the frosting a golden yellow.
- Cover the tops of the cupcakes with frosting, spreading with a palette knife.
- Lightly dust your work surface with icing sugar and roll out some of the orange ready to roll icing on to this. For each chick cut 2 triangular feet with a sharp knife. Cut out 2 triangular wings and mark on lines for the feathers using the knife. For the beak cut a square and make an indent diagonally. Gently fold the indented square to make the beak.
- Add 2 small choc chip sprinkles to the top of the cupcake to form the eyes and add the beak, feet and wings.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.