You might like
You are in:
- Custard Apple Crumble Pots
Back Custard Apple Crumble Pots
Custard Apple Crumble Pots
Make the most of apples with these delicious one pot desserts.
- 150g plain flour
- 70g butter
- 150g demerara sugar
- 1 kg Cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 orange, finely grated zest only
- 400g custard, tin
- 20g flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in half the sugar.
- Place the apples in a saucepan along with the remaining sugar and orange zest and 2 tbsp cold water. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until softened, stirring halfway through.
- Divide the custard between 6 individual ovenproof dishes, top with the stewed apple then sprinkle each one with the crumble mixture. Pat the topping down gently, scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot or cold.