You might like
You are in:
- Crunchy Cauliflower Cheese Bites
Back Crunchy Cauliflower Cheese Bites
Crunchy Cauliflower Cheese Bites
These tasty cauliflower cheese bites can be made in advance and frozen.
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and divided into small florets
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 75g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 litre vegetable oil, for deep frying
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You can cook these tasty bites ahead of time and just warm them through in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 when you are ready to serve.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a pan of lightly salted water for 3-5 minutes, until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the water, butter and mustard in a pan and heat until the butter has melted and the liquid is bubbling. Remove from the heat and quickly add the flour, beat well until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Cool for 5 minutes, then beat in the eggs one at a time until you have a thick glossy mixture. Fold in the cheese, spring onions and cooked cauliflower florets.
- Heat the oil (approx 1 litre) in a deep fat fryer or a large deep pan to 190°C.
- Drop dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve hot.