- Crispy Roast Potatoes
Crispy Roast Potatoes
Shall we let you in on the secret to the very
best roast potatoes? Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed Oil of
course! With a high smoke point of 230°C, Farrington’s Mellow Yellow is perfect
for achieving a beautifully crisp and golden coating to your roasties, with a
wonderfully fluffy centre.
- 700g Maris Piper potatoes , 1 large potato or 2 small potatoes per person, more if you want leftovers
- 3 tbsp Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel and chop potatoes into even sized pieces. Rinse and par boil the potatoes for 2 to 4 minutes (in salted water). Drizzle your Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil into a roasting dish and pop in the oven.
- Drain and shake the potatoes, get them nice and fluffy.
- Once the roasting dish has been in the oven for a few minutes, remove from the oven (be careful), pour the potatoes straight into the hot oil and turn them to coat the par boiled potatoes in the oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until crisp and golden. Check halfway and turn the potatoes, before popping back into oven to finish roasting.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow