You might like
You are in:
- Creamy Broccoli Soup
Back Creamy Broccoli Soup
Creamy Broccoli Soup
A creamy broccoli soup recipe to help being healthy taste delicious - it works perfectly as either a starter or a light meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock, made from a cube
- 250g baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp créme fraiche, use a reduced fat variant to lower the calories
- 2 wholemeal rolls, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic then cook on a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stock. Simmer for 8 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt. Blend the soup until smooth then stir in 2 tbsp of the crème fraiche. Season to taste with lots of freshly ground black pepper and a little salt if needed. Return to the pan and heat through gently until piping hot.
- Serve with the remaining crème fraiche, some more black pepper and a bread roll.