You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
Back Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
Make delicious brownies from scratch with this easy recipe - and serve these little beauties up for your friends, family or workmates. They're ideal for coffee mornings, simple to bake for those 'quick picks' at home and ideal when you need to make a last minute batch for the office baking rota.
Makes 15 brownies
- 180g butter, diced
- 150g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 3 eggs
- 270g golden caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 80g plain flour
- 1 handful mini marshmallows
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Just to let you know, you'll need a 28 x 18cm rectangular tin with baking parchment for your brownie batch.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and heat gently until it melts. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas 4. Line the base of a 28 x 18cm rectangular tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until pale, thick and creamy then sift in the cocoa and flour and gently fold this into the egg mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate mixture in a thin stream and gently fold in along with the marshmallows, leaving out a few for decoration.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull the oven shelf out a little and gently shake the tin. If the brownie wobbles in the middle it’s not quite done, so slide it back in and bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny, papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into 15 squares and serve with the remaining mini marshmallows.