You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate and Coconut Tarts
Back Chocolate and Coconut Tarts
Chocolate and Coconut Tarts
Chocolate, coconut , Hobnobs and gluten free too. These little tarts are definitely worth the effort. Try them with ice cream.
Makes 2 tarts
- 150g McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs Biscuits
- 50g butter
- 50g gluten free plain chocolate
- 4 tbsp coconut milk, thick style, not reduced fat
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut, to decorate
- 1 small handful fresh mixed berries, to decorate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Chill for 2 hours
- Line the base of two 4inch/10cm loose bottomed individual flan tins with a disc of baking parchment.
- Put the McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs biscuits into a freezer bag (thick plastic bag) and crush well using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter, margarine or dairy free spread, stir in the biscuit crumbs. Divide between the two tins and using the back of a spoon press the crumbs to form the base and sides of the tart. Set aside to cool.
- Put the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and set over a small pan of simmering water, warm gently over a low heat until melted. Stir in the coconut milk and icing sugar and mix well. Spoon into the biscuit cases. Cool then chill for 2 hours.
- Decorate with a little crushed McVitie’s Gluten Free Milk Chocolate Hobnobs biscuit or desiccated coconut. Serve with fresh berries.
This recipe has been kindly provided by McVitie's