You might like
You are in:
- Chicken, Lemon and Orzo Pasta Soup
Back Chicken, Lemon and Orzo Pasta Soup
Chicken, Lemon and Orzo Pasta Soup
This flavoursome soup will soon become a family favourite, with a whole heap of fresh ingredients in a single delicious lemony broth.
- 150g orzo pasta
- ½ lemon, pips removed
- 900ml chicken stock, made from a cube
- 3 chicken thighs, meat only
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, white part finely chopped and green part thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the white leek and onion for 5-6 minutes, until softened. Add the chicken, stock and 1/2 the lemon. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the green leek and orzo and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and no pink meat remains and the orzo is al dente.
- Remove the lemon and discard. Season the soup to taste and shred the chicken using 2 forks. Cut the remaining lemon into 4 wedges and serve with the soup, to squeeze over.