You might like
You are in:
- Chicken and Chorizo Stew with Garlic and Herb Dumplings
Back Chicken and Chorizo Stew with Garlic and Herb Dumplings
Chicken and Chorizo Stew with Garlic and Herb Dumplings
Tuck into tender and sweet chicken thighs with chorizo chunks in a red wine, tomato and garlic sauce finished with black olives and melt-in-the-mouth herb and garlic dumplings… a Spanish stew and dumps!
- 750g chicken thighs
- 200g chorizo, diced
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic clove, 2 for dumplings, 2 for stew
- 125ml red wine
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 100g red pepper
- 25g plain flour
- 125g dumpling mix
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 125 degrees.
- Cut the thighs in half, chop the onion, slice the red peppers and crush the garlic.
- In a casserole dish, soften the onion in oil for 5 minutes. Add half the crushed garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken thighs and chorizo.
- Crumble in the stock cube and stir in the flour.
- Add wine, the tinned tomato and a quarter tin of water.
- Cover and place in the oven for 1.5 hours at 125 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the dumplings mix as per pack instructions. Mix in the rest of the crushed garlic, parsley and thyme.
- Form dumplings into golf ball sized pieces.
- Remove the casserole from oven and add the sliced peppers and olives.
- Arrange the dumplings on the top and bake for a further 20 minutes with the lid off.
- Season to taste and serve.