You might like
You are in:
- Cherry Clafoutis
Back Cherry Clafoutis
Clafoutis is a delicious French baked dessert made with fruits, traditionally cherries. Serve with Crème fraîche and a few extra whole cherries for a treat.
- 30g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 90g plain flour
- 500g cherries , pitted
- 1 crème fraîche
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Grease four 14cm x 3cm baking dishes with unsalted butter, then dust with 4 tbsp icing sugar.
- Melt the rest of the butter. Then, using an electric whisk, beat 2 eggs with the caster sugar.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, plain flour and beat again. Stir in the melted butter.
- Divide the cherries into each dish and pour the batter over.
- Cook for 25-30 mins or until golden and set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche and a few whole cherries.