You might like
You are in:
- Campfire-style Baked Beans and Sausage…
Back Campfire-style Baked Beans and Sausage…
Campfire-style Baked Beans and Sausage Casserole
This wonderfully warming casserole dish is as easily served up on a cold winter night as it is as the centerpiece to your Halloween house parties.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes, tinned
- 1 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig thyme, leaves separated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 740g mixed beans, 4 x 300g tins
- 6 Cumberland sausages
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 8.
- In a large, wide ovenproof casserole dish, heat the olive oil on the hob on a medium heat.
- Gently fry the onion, celery, carrot, pepper and garlic until softened on medium heat.
- Turn up the heat and add the bacon into the pan. Fry until starting to go golden and then add in the tinned tomatoes, sugar, thyme, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fill the tomato tin with water and add the water to the mixture too. Bring to the boil and then add in the beans.
- Mix well, season and then place the sausages around the beans.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through, the sauce is reduced and the dish is golden.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the dish and serve immediately.