You might like
You are in:
- Butternut Squash and Kale Risotto
Back Butternut Squash and Kale Risotto
Butternut Squash and Kale Risotto
You'll feel right at home with this delicious vegetarian classic - a roast squash and kale risotto deglazed with white wine and enriched with Italian-style hard cheese and butter. It's seen as a difficult dish, but see for yourself how easy it is to make!
- 1 butternut squash
- 75ml olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pack curly kale, curly
- 125ml white wine
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50g Italian-style hard cheese, shavings
- 50g butter
- 340g Arborio rice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Start by preparing the vegetables. Peel and dice the squash to 10mm chunks, finely chop the onion, crush garlic and wash and trim 1/3 of the kale removing any stalks.
- Mix the veg stock cube in a pan with a litre of water, then bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- In another large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions, cook gently without browning, for around 5 minutes. Add the garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Next, add rice and stir well to coat in oil for a couple of minutes. Then, add wine and stir well. (Meanwhile put the squash in a roasting dish with a little oil and roast for 15 minutes at 180 degrees)
- Add the stock little by little and cook over a moderate heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat the process until all the stock is used up and the rice is al dente. You may not need to use all the stock.
- Stir the roast squash, trimmed kale and Italian-style hard cheese into the cooked rice and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with butter. Plate up and tuck in!