- Buttered Jerseys in a Bag
Buttered Jerseys in a Bag
- 700g Jersey Royals, scrubbed, halved if large
- 50g butter, diced
- 2 pinches salt, alter to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, alter to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You can test the freshness of Jersey Royals by simply giving the waxy skin a gentle rub. If the skin comes away easily, it's a great Jersey Royal. Much of the flavour and nutrients are in their thin skins, so don't peel them! Out of Jersey Royal season, you could try new potatoes or salad potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Lay out 4 sheets of baking parchment on a clean work surface and divide the potatoes between the baking sheets.
- Dot each with a little of the diced butter, season and scatter with parsley.
- Wrap up each parcel and lift onto a baking tray.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until tender.
- Serve hot along with your meal.