You might like
You are in:
- Brunch Burgers
Back Brunch Burgers
Burgers for breakfast anyone? Try this hearty breakfast treat with fresh poached eggs and mushrooms.
- 4 large mushrooms
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 muffins
- 4 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 beef tomato
- 1 large handful fresh chives
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/Gas 6.
- Brush the mushrooms with a little of the sunflower oil and arrange them onto a baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Halfway through the mushrooms’ cooking time, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Use a wooden spoon to swirl the water then crack an egg into the centre of the swirl (this should keep the egg quite compact).
- Cook for about 4 minutes until the yolk is firm, then drain with a slotted spoon onto two sheets kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Lightly toast the muffins.
- To assemble, spread the toasted muffins with mayonnaise. Top one half of each muffin with a slice of tomato, followed by a mushroom and a poached egg.
- Scatter with a few chives to garnish and lift the muffin lid on top to serve.