You might like
You are in:
- Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Back Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton - some things are just made to go together. This soup is really easy to make with just six ingredients.
- 25g butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 450g broccoli
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g Stilton
- 150ml single cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the broccoli florets and stems, reserving a couple of unchopped broccoli florets to decorate.
- Add all the broccoli to the onion plus the stock and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli florets for garnish, then blend the rest with the stock until very finely chopped.
- Crumble the Stilton, reserving a few crumbles to garnish the soup. Add the Stilton to the soup and whizz briefly.
- Stir in the cream and heat gently, but do not boil.
- Before serving, season to taste. Pour into bowls and garnish each bowl with broccoli florets and a few crumbles of Stilton.