You might like
You are in:
- Beef Ragu
Back Beef Ragu
A rich, versatile meat sauce: serve
it Bolognese-style with spaghetti or use it as a base for lasagne or moussaka.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bag Frozen Vegetable Base Mix , (500g)
- 1 bag Frozen Minced Beef
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 cloves Garlic Cloves, finely grated
- 650ml Beef Stock
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- 400g Spaghetti
- 50g Grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the frozen vegetable base mix. Fry over a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring until softened and starting to colour.
- Stir in the frozen mince and cook until browned for around 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomato puree, garlic, stock and season. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and leave to cook gently for 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for 15 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Reserve a mugful of the cooking water, then drain the spaghetti and add to the ragu with the parmesan. Toss well and add a little pasta water to help the sauce coat the spaghetti. Serve with extra cheese sprinkled on top if you like. Don’t forget to try this ragu base the next time you make a lasagne or moussaka for the family!