You might like
You are in:
- Vegan Roast Vegetable Butternut Squash
Back Vegan Roast Vegetable Butternut Squash
Vegan Roast Vegetable Butternut Squash
This recipe is a great way to get your veg, and perfect for any vegans looking for a tasty dish - the pomegranate molasses is a great ingredient.
- 3 small butternut squash
- 900g Brussels sprouts
- 2 red peppers
- 2 small red onions
- 1 bag curly kale
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 / 180°C fan.
- Cut the butternut squash into thick circular rings, scooping out all of the seeds. Place them on a baking tray and cover the base of the tray with a small amount water to prevent burning.
- Coat the top and outsides of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 1 hour or until the centre is soft.
- Chop the sprouts, peppers and onions, toss together with olive oil and salt and place on baking trays.
- Roast in the oven for 30 mins, turning the vegetables occasionally.
- Toss the kale in 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and place on a baking tray. Bake the kale for 15 mins until crisp on the edges.
- Mix all of the vegetables (except the squash) in a bowl once cooked.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and cover with 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses, salt and pepper. Pile the vegetables onto the squash and heat for 15–20 mins until they are warmed through. Serve and enjoy.