You might like
You are in:
- Turkey Polpette
Back Turkey Polpette
Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Pasta sauce
- 400g turkey meatballs
- 10ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- 500g linguine
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat the oven (fan 170oC, 190oC, gas mark 5)
- Place the turkey meatballs onto a baking tray and cook in pre heated oven for 10-12 minutes to seal the outside.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by heating the oil in a large pan, then adding the onions and garlic and cooking out over a medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato puree and herbs, stir through then add the chopped tomatoes and water, taste and adjust the seasoning, add the sugar then reduce to a simmer.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and place into the sauce mixture, allow to cook at a simmer for 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavour and stir occasionally
- Cook the pasta according to manufacturers instructions.
- To serve, place the cooked and drained pasta into a large bowl and top with the polpette and sauce and top with a little grated parmesan and sliced fresh basil, ideal with garlic or crusty bread on the side
These recipes have been provided by Faccenda Foods.