You might like
You are in:
- Tuna and Sweetcorn Burgers
Back Tuna and Sweetcorn Burgers
Tuna and Sweetcorn Burgers
Tuna lovers will adore these tasty burgers!
- 1 Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water
- 15g Butter
- 4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 400g Mashed Potato, cold
- 100g Sweetcorn, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- 1 dusting Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 drizzle Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 4 Seeded Burger Buns, split through the middle
- 1 small handful Lettuce
- 1 small handful Cucumber, chopped
- 1 small handful Tomato, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Try topping the burgers with a dollop of mayo flavoured with finely grated lemon zest. If serving at a BBQ, precook as above, wrap in foil and re-heat over the barbecue coals.
- Drain the can of Princes Tuna Chunks and tip onto a plate. Break into chunks and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly, then mix into the potato with the sweetcorn and chives or parsley.
- Add the tuna, season with salt and pepper and mix together. Form into 4 burgers and coat them lightly in plain flour.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Dip the burgers in the egg and coat them in the flour once more. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and shallow fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toast or chargrill the cut sides of the burger buns, then add the tuna burgers and serve with lettuce, cucumber and tomato. Salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Princes.