You might like
You are in:
- Stilton Rolls
Try your hand at making your own tear-and-share bread, the use of Stilton brings a bold flavour which will have you eating it straight out of the oven (careful though, it'll be hot!).
Makes 1 tear-and-share bread
- 400g strong white flour, and a bit extra to flour your kneading surface
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7g easy bake yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Sift the strong white flour into a mixing bowl, stir in a pinch of salt, the sugar and the easy bake yeast. Add 180-200ml water and mix to a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes, pop back in a clean bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, knead again for 2 minutes, divide into 14 equal sized pieces and shape into balls.
- Arrange on an oiled baking sheet with about 1 cm between rolls, cover and leave in a warm place to rise.
- Scatter crumbled Stilton on top and bake at 200°C/180°fan/Gas 6 for 20 -25 minutes until golden and the base sounds hollow when tapped.