You might like
You are in:
- Starry Mince Pies
Back Starry Mince Pies
Starry Mince Pies
These really easy mince pies are ready in less than 45 minutes and look impressively festive.
Makes 12 pies
- 250g Shortcrust pastry
- 200g Mincemeat
- 50g Icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 Snowflake sprinkles
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and, using an 8cm round cutter, stamp out 12 circles. Use to line a lightly oiled bun tray. Press down lightly.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each tart with equal amounts of the mincemeat.
- Re-roll any pastry trimmings and stamp out star shapes to decorate the tarts, or simply leave them plain.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Carefully remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve lightly dusted with a little icing sugar or some snowflake sprinkles.