You might like
You are in:
- Seeded Loaf
Back Seeded Loaf
There’s nothing quite like the smell of home-baked bread. Follow this recipe for a tasty loaf with a stunning texture
Makes 10 slices
- 500g Strong wholemeal flour
- 1 sachet Dried yeast
- 20ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml Honey
- 50g Sunflower seeds
- 50g Poppy seeds
- 50g Sesame seeds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Prove for 1 hour
You will need 270ml warm water for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast together in a bowl. Add the oil, honey and water and combine into a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface by hand for 12 minutes.
- Flatten the dough out and tip the seeds into the middle of the dough. Gently knead them in until thoroughly combined.
- Place the dough into a floured bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- When the time is up, remove from the bowl and then knead again for a further 2 minutes.
- Form the dough into a small sausage shape and place into a 2lb loaf tin.
- Cover loosely with clingfilm, return to the warm place until the dough has risen just above the top of the tin.
- Once risen, place the tin into the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.