You might like
You are in:
- Roasted Veg and Cheeseboard Tart
Back Roasted Veg and Cheeseboard Tart
Roasted Veg and Cheeseboard Tart
Roasted vegetables and cheese make the perfect partners for this tart, ideal for using up those leftovers!
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 250ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tblspn parsley
- 1 tblspn thyme
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You will need 450g of leftover roasted vegetables and 100g of leftover cheese.
- Heat the oven to 190C/ 170C fan/ Gas 5. Roll the pastry out to 3-4mm thick and use to line a 24cm loose-bottom tin. Press the pastry into the edges and allow the excess to hang over the sides. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Prick the base of the tart with a fork and line with greaseproof paper. Fill with baking beans (or rice) and blind bake for 10-12 mins. Remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cool.
- Whisk the cream with the eggs and season well. Mix in the herbs.
- Spread the roast vegetables evenly into the tart, pour over teh egg mixture and crumble over the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling has set.