You might like
You are in:
- Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and…
Back Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and…
Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and Five Peppercorn Sauce
Enjoy a classic steak with colourful and tasty sweet potato chips - ideal for date night or a special treat.
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 five peppercorn seasoning
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed and cut into 8 wedges
- 10g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Madeira wine
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml beef stock
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C/gas 7.
- Place the sweet potato wedges onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 5 peppercorn seasoning.
- Place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the finely chopped shallot and sauté gently over a low heat until softened and golden in colour.
- Add the Madeira wine, bring to the boil and simmer to reduce.
- Add the cream, stock and 5 peppercorn seasoning. Bring to the boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until a sauce consistency is reached.
- Finish with the juice of half a lemon. Taste, and season with extra 5 peppercorn sauce to your liking.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil over the steaks and season with 5 peppercorn seasoning and salt.
- Once seasoned, pan fry the steaks for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium/rare steak. If you prefer your steak well done, increase the cooking time as desired.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving with the 5 peppercorn sauce and the sweet potato chips.
- Serve with fine green beans.