You might like
You are in:
- Red Lentil, Cauliflower and Coconut…
Back Red Lentil, Cauliflower and Coconut…
Red Lentil, Cauliflower and Coconut Curry
A tasty meat-free curry to serve as a main course. Cauliflower absorbs flavours really well; just be sure not to over-cook it.
- 3 cm ginger, piece, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp balti paste
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock, made from 2 stock cubes
- 200g red split lentils
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 250g basmati rice, steamed
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Season and sauté the ginger, garlic and onion in the oil for 6-7 minutes, until soft. Add the balti paste and cook for another minute. Add the stock, lentils and 3 tbsp of the coconut. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes, until tender. Serve over the rice, sprinkled with coriander, chilli and remaining coconut, with mango chutney and naan on the side.