You might like
You are in:
- Quorn Cottage Pie
Back Quorn Cottage Pie
Quorn Cottage Pie
There's nothing more comforting than coming home to a delicious helping of home-cooked cottage pie. The Quorn take on this recipe is deliciously filling, made with Quorn Mince is low in calories and saturated fat!
- 350g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 100g Frozen Peas, or mixed veg
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, reduced salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour, mixed to a paste in 1 tbsp cold water
- 700g Potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 225g Parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Semi-skimmed Milk
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper, freshly ground
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4
- Boil the potatoes and parsnip until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and the carrot and fry gently until softened.
- Add the Quorn Mince, frozen veg, vegetable stock, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, soy sauce and seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the cornflour made into a paste with the tablespoon of cold water and continue to simmer gently, stirring all the time, until thickened. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnip with the milk until smooth, season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the topping over the Quorn mince filling and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp.
- Serve with a selection of fresh vegetables.