You might like
You are in:
- Pork and Pepper Kebabs with Rice and Broad Beans
Back Pork and Pepper Kebabs with Rice and Broad Beans
Pork and Pepper Kebabs with Rice and Broad Beans
If you're cooking for 2, this recipe is sure to impress. The pork tastes delicious grilled on a skewer with the pepper, courgette and lemon.
- 200g pork fillet
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125g long grain rice
- 100g broad beans
- 1 handful rocket leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 mins marinating
- Cut half the lemon into slices, squeeze the juice from the remaining half. Cut the pork into chunks. Mix the lemon juice, oil, herbs and garlic together and pour over the pork and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Thread onto metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water first to prevent scorching) with the lemon slices, courgette and pepper.
- To cook, preheat the grill. Place the pork kebabs under the hot grill, disposing of any remaining marinade, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked right through.
- Cook the rice in boiling water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Add the broad beans (or peas) for the last 3 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the rocket just before serving.
- Serve the kebabs with the rice.