You might like
You are in:
- Plum and Summer Fruit Pudding
Back Plum and Summer Fruit Pudding
Plum and Summer Fruit Pudding
A traditional British treat using scrumptious summer berries. The perfect recipe to really impress without a lot of effort.
- 500g plums, stoned and quartered
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 100ml port, or additional 100ml cranberry juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g fresh blueberries, plus extra to decorate
- 170g fresh raspberries, plus extra to decorate
- 8 slices 3-day-old thick-sliced white bread, crusts removed
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Use 6 slices of bread to line the base and sides of a 1 litre pudding basin (reserve 2 slices for the lid).
- Place the plums in a pan along with the cranberry juice, port (if using), and sugar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes until fruit is tender.
- Add the blueberries and raspberries and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the fruit and juice into the bread-lined basin, packing it down, then top with the remaining bread.
- Cover loosely with clingfilm then sit a plate on top that’s just slightly smaller than the circumference of the basin. Place a weight (or a can of baked beans) on top of the saucer and allow it to stand overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, run a knife carefully around the edge of the basin to loosen the pudding, and turn it out onto a plate. Top with fresh blueberries and raspberries.