You might like
You are in:
- Noodle ‘Nest’ Canapes with Crispy Ginger Chicken
Back Noodle ‘Nest’ Canapes with Crispy Ginger Chicken
Noodle ‘Nest’ Canapes with Crispy Ginger Chicken
These adorable little nests made with noodles, filled with delicious crispy ginger chicken and topped with a quail's egg are sure to impress your guests.
Makes 12 nests
- 125g medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into small cherry sized pieces
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 30g plain flour
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 50ml chicken stock
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 12 Quails eggs, fried
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200fan gas mark 7/425F.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and then drain and cool.
- Stir 1tbsp of sesame oil into the noodles.
- Divide the noodles between the cups in a 12-hole muffin tray and make them into small nests by building up the sides, making sure to keep a well in the centre.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the noodles are crisp and dry. Allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil for the chicken on a medium heat.
- Combine the chicken thighs with 1 tsp cornflour, baking powder, salt, half a tsp of sesame oil and flour, and mix until well coated.
- Fry the chicken pieces in batches for 3 minutes until golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen roll.
- In a frying pan, heat the groundnut oil and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes until fragrant.
- Add in half a tsp of sesame oil, plus the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Combine 1 tsp cornflour with 1 tbsp of water and pour into the ginger mixture.
- Boil to thicken and then turn off the heat. Toss through the chicken immediately to coat and warm through.
- Take the noodle nests out of the muffin tin and place on a serving platter.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and sriracha and then spoon a teaspoon into each noodle nest.
- Divide the chicken pieces between the nests.
- Fry the quails eggs in a little oil until the white is set and the yolk is still soft and then place on top of the chicken filled nests.
- Sprinkle with the spring onion and sesame seeds and serve while still warm.