You might like
You are in:
- Mushroom, Red Pepper and Blue Cheese Roulade
Back Mushroom, Red Pepper and Blue Cheese Roulade
Mushroom, Red Pepper and Blue Cheese Roulade
Prepare this dish the day before and keep chilled in the fridge.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, snipped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 80g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 250g roasted red peppers, from a jar
- 150g Danish Blue cheese, crumbled
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and mushrooms until softened. Stir in the chives, then place in a food processor with the egg, breadcrumbs and chutney. Pulse to combine roughly.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4. On a sheet of non-stick parchment, spread the mixture in a rectangle (about 30 x 40cm). Top with the spinach leaves, flattened red peppers and blue cheese.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll in the paper, using the paper as a guide. Twist each end of the parchment and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the paper, transfer to a serving dish and garnish. Serve sliced.