You might like
You are in:
- Mexican Bean Burgers
Back Mexican Bean Burgers
Mexican Bean Burgers
A delicious, light and healthy gluten-free alternative to beef burgers.
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 2 slices Genius white or brown bread, whizzed into breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 290ml soured cream
- 6 Genius seeded rolls, cut in half
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the burgers, tip the beans into a large bowl and roughly crush with a potato masher.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, chilli, coriander, spring onions, garlic, beaten egg, ground coriander and seasoning into the mashed beans.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 6-8 burgers.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the burgers in two batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Place a burger in each roll, top with slices of tomatoes, avocado, red onion and a dollop of sour cream and serve immediately.
Genius Gluten Free