You might like
You are in:
- Lime and Ricotta Pie
Back Lime and Ricotta Pie
Lime and Ricotta Pie
Try our version of Key lime pie (named after the aromatic limes native to the Florida Keys). It has it's own subtle twist, thanks to the ricotta.
- 250g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 120g sunflower spread, melted
- 4 limes, juice and finely grated zest only (plus extra lime zest to garnish)
- 397g condensed milk
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 200ml whipping cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 4+ hours chilling time.
- Mix the biscuits and sunflower spread and press into the base of a 23cm loose-bottomed, round tin. Chill until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/Gas 3. Whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, condensed milk and ricotta. Whisk the eggs with the sugar until pale and fluffy and gently fold in the lime and ricotta mixture. Pour on top of the the biscuit base and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin and place on a serving plate. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and dollop it over the top of the pie. Scatter with the extra lime zest.