You might like
You are in:
- Jewelled Stuffed Butternut Squash
Back Jewelled Stuffed Butternut Squash
Jewelled Stuffed Butternut Squash
A delicious vegan main course which looks and tastes special enough to serve for Christmas dinner.
- 2 butternut squash, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sage, fresh
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 125g quinoa
- 2 tbsp pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Scoop the seeds out of the squash and score the flesh. Place cut side up on a baking tray, drizzle with half the oil and season. Cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until softened. Stir in the garlic and chestnuts, cook for a minute then add the sage, cumin, cinnamon and cranberry sauce and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Put the quinoa into a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and stir into the onion mix with the nuts and all but 1 tbsp of the seeds.
- Once the squash are done, scoop out the flesh, chop it and add to the quinoa mix. Spoon back into the shells and bake for 10 minutes. Scatter with the remaining seeds and coriander.