You might like
You are in:
- Jersey Royal and Chorizo Tray Bake
Back Jersey Royal and Chorizo Tray Bake
Jersey Royal and Chorizo Tray Bake
The unique nutty flavour of these potatoes is a result of the nutrient-packed Jersey soil, making them ideal for roasting with flavoursome chorizo. This recipe is easy to throw together, ideal for a family meal.
- 500g Jersey Royals, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 dusting paprika, to taste
- 100g chorizo ring, thickly sliced
- 1 handful black olives, halved
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Clean the potatoes but don’t peel them as most of the vitamins, minerals and fibre are on the skin. Outside Jersey Royal season, try new potatoes instead.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Place the potatoes, pepper and onions in a bowl and toss with the tomato puree and paprika seasoning.
- Season, transfer to a large baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, olives and tomatoes and drizzle with the oil.
- Continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.