You might like
You are in:
- Jerk Pork with Mango and Bean Rice
Back Jerk Pork with Mango and Bean Rice
Jerk Pork with Mango and Bean Rice
A delicious Jamaican jerk pork recipe with grated mango and bean rice. You'll love cooking this up, and you'll enjoy eating it even more.
- 500g pork loin
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 150g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 250g long-grain rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g kidney beans, drained
- 1 mango, coarsely grated
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice only
- 1 tbsp honey
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Choose a mango that is slightly under-ripe as it will be easier to grate.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Brush the pork with 1 tbsp of the oil, coat in the jerk seasoning and roast for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and stir-fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the cooked green beans and rice, oregano, kidney beans and mango and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes until piping hot.
- Whisk together the lime zest, juice and honey.
- Divide the rice mixture between 4 serving dishes, top with slices of cooked jerk pork and drizzle with the lime dressing.