You might like
You are in:
- Honey and Mustard Lamb Kebabs with…
Back Honey and Mustard Lamb Kebabs with…
Honey and Mustard Lamb Kebabs with Cucumber Salsa
These simple kebabs use delicious cubes of lamb leg steaks along with a quick honey and mustard marinade with added onions and peppers. Perfect for midweek.
- 400g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 4 tbsps clear honey
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 30ml fresh orange juice
- 2 pinches freshly milled black pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsps rosemary
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small dessert apple, cored and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 lime , juiced
- 15g mint leaves, freshly chopped
- 1 pack potato wedges, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- In a large shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 10-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa; in a large bowl mix all the salsa ingredients together.
- Thread the lamb with the vegetables onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook under a preheated moderate grill, on a prepared barbecue or on the hob in a frying pan for 12-16 minutes, turning once, until any meat juices run clear.
- Transfer the kebabs to a warm plate and serve with potato wedges and the cucumber salsa.