You might like
You are in:
- Home-made Sausage Rolls
Back Home-made Sausage Rolls
Home-made Sausage Rolls
Learn how to make your own version of the classic treat. What's more, they'll taste sublime filled with the sausage meat from your favourite sausages.
Makes 10 sausage rolls
- 500g puff pastry
- 448g sausage meat, extract this from your favourite sausages
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 324 Fat (g) 20.4 Saturates (g) 13.5 Carbohydrate (g) 24.9 Sugars (g) 1.3 Fibre (g) 1.0 Protein (g) 9.8 Salt (g) 1.08
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle measuring about 30 x 40cm. Cut down the middle so you have 2 long strips.
- In a clean bowl, mix together the sausage meat, mustard, yeast extract and breadcrumbs. Season to taste.
- Divide the sausage meat mixture into two and roll each piece into a long sausage shape, the same length as the pastry strips. Place 1 sausage on to each strip of pastry.
- Brush the pastry edges with egg, fold over to enclose the sausage meat and press down to seal. Cut each strip at 8cm intervals to make 10 sausage rolls. Make 3 slits in each. Brush with egg and cook on a baking tray for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold with home-made ketchup.