You might like
You are in:
- Gnocchi with Kale, Lemon and Garlic Oil
Back Gnocchi with Kale, Lemon and Garlic Oil
Gnocchi with Kale, Lemon and Garlic Oil
A speedy kale dish with a difference; serve it up mixed with fluffy gnocchi, zesty lemon and a hit of red chilli.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 500g fresh gnocchi pasta
- 150g kale, chopped
- 10g Grana Padano cheese, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Swap the Grana Padano cheese for a vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese to make this dish vegetarian.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and keep it simmering while you make the sauce. In a medium frying pan, heat the oil and add the garlic and chilli. Cook over a low heat until golden, for about 3-4 minutes. Add the lemon zest and remove from heat.
- Add the gnocchi and kale to the simmering water. When the gnocchi rises to the top, after about 2 minutes, it is done. Scoop the gnocchi and kale out with a slotted spoon and add to the warm oil in the pan. Gently toss together and serve with grated Grana Padano.