You might like
You are in:
- Fluffy Oat Pancakes With Hot Smoked…
Back Fluffy Oat Pancakes With Hot Smoked…
Fluffy Oat Pancakes With Hot Smoked Salmon
An oat and egg white pancake is the perfect base for smoked fish (try mackerel, too). The combination is packed with protein and leaving out the yolks means fewer calories.
- 6 eggs, whites only
- 300g cottage cheese
- 100g oats
- 125g peppered smoked salmon fillets
- 1 tbspn chopped chives
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Mix the egg whites, cottage cheese and oats together, add seasoning and set aside.
- Peel the skin from the salmon fillets, and separate into chunks.
- Mix together the crème fraîche, chives and lemon juice and season.
- Lightly brush a large non stick pan with some of the oil and heat.
- Make the pancakes in batches of two at a time. Use about 60ml of the mixture per pancake and cook for 2 minutes on each side over a medium heat. Keep warm while you make the rest.
- To serve, place two pancakes on each plate, divide the salmon between the two plates and spoon some of the chive crème fraîche on top.