You might like
You are in:
- Fish 'n' Chip Pick-ups
Back Fish 'n' Chip Pick-ups
Fish 'n' Chip Pick-ups
Serve fish and chips in a fun 'party style', and ensure everyone gets a little bit of everything. These are the definition of 'finger food'.
- 12 chunky oven chips, of similar size
- 2 cod fillets, approx 275g, skin removed
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cook the chips according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, cut each fish fillet slightly on the diagonal to create 6 fingers, making 12 fish fingers in total.
- Place the flour, some sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and the lemon zest into a large freezer bag and mix well. Add the fish and shake to coat.
- Dip the fish in the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs until coated.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the fish and cook for 5-6 minutes without turning, until golden.
- Turn and cook for a further 5-6 minutes to colour and until cooked through and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Pair each chip with one fish finger in a strip of baking parchment, tie with red, white or blue string and keep warm. Serve with ketchup for dipping.